Thursday 8 July 2010

Day 5 - My Favourite Quote

This, for me, is quite hard. Despite my love of words of wisdom, I do not have a favourite quote stored in my mind. Apart from "Fuck 'em", which I have always loved but didn't think would be sufficient for this post.

It has taken a long time of flicking through various online journals, word documents and scraps of discarded paper to find quotes I think are worthy of favouritism.

As I was doing this, I remembered the fumbled fragments of the quote I had stored as my favourite. After a while of thinking and (metaphorically) bashing my head against the wall I worked out what it was. I'm not sure if the wording is correct or much about the man who said it, apart from that his first name was 'Robert', but I think this is it:

In 3 words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: it goes on.

That's the truth. It's glaringly obvious in all it's simplicity, yet it's something many of us choose to ignore. Whatever happens, life goes on. You get through things. You don't know how. None of us do. But you do.

I thought I would take this oppurtunity to list some other favourite quotes of mine:

When you are done being in love with someone, all that's left is love.

I believe this wholeheartedly. Those people who talk about falling out of love with someone and now not caring about them? They were never in love at all. Love is not something that leaves. You may not agree with me, but this is a belief of mine that will not budge. Love changes but it never disappears. I feel that too many people don't realise this - they are bitter towards those they were once in love with. So, at least think about this for a second. Think about how it applies to you.

The following are song lyrics, and resonated with me from the moment I heard them:

Well if you are what you love,
and you do what you love,
I will always be the sun and moon to you.
And if you share with your heart,
yeah, you give with your heart,
what you share with the world is what it keeps of you.

The lyrics are simple yet powerful. They are so true, and yet I don't take any of that advice. Do you?

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I just randomly stumbled upon your blog, and just thought I'd say hey and that someone is reading. Thanks for the interesting posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you, it means a lot! I'm going to start posting again, as obviously I havn't in ages.

    ReplyDelete