Friday 2 July 2010

Body Doubles

Something that has been hard for me to accept is that one thing we all know to be true: if you want to look good, you need to dress for your body shape.

Being a 5'2 hourglass with 28FF breasts, dressing to suit my shape is something that has forever perplexed me, and whilst I still havn't gotten it down to a T, I'm definitely beginning to figure it out. For years I have moaned like a petulant child - Why can't I be tall? Why can't I have a straight up-and-down figure that allows me to wear anything I want? Why?! I look stupid in this, the skinny girl over there doesn't! It's just not fair! Really, it was ridiculous, I sounded like a 5-year-old. Only now have I realised that this is who I am, and that, shock, this is actually what I want to be. Yes, being tall and skinny might make things a lot easier, but it's not me.

I have found that it's a lot easier to grow comfortable with your shape if you have others to identify with. Because of this, I've compiled a list of body types and the celebrities that match them.

SHORT HOURGLASS WOMEN (5'3 and under, hips and breasts same width, dramatically narrowing at the waist, pronounced curves)

Kim Kardashian, Vanessa White, Scarlett Johansson, Cheryl Cole, America Ferrera, Jessica Simpson, Hayden Panettiere, Vikki Blow, Lisa Backwell, Keisha Buchanan, Salma Hayek, Carmen Electra, Shakira, Christina Aguilera, Marina Diamandis.

SHORT PEAR-SHAPED WOMEN (5'3 and under, hips and bum much wider than waist and breasts)

Rachel Stevens, Lily Allen, Heidi Range, Amelle Berrabah.

SHORT BOYISH WOMEN (5'3 and under, straight up-and-down figure)

Frankie Sandford, Nicole Richie, Sienna Miller, Natalie Portman, Kristen Bell, Thandie Newton, Emma Roberts, Christina Ricci, Mary-Kate Olsen, Ashley Olsen, Audrey Tautou.

SHORT AVERAGE WOMEN (okay so I've made up the 'average' body type) (5'3 and under, figure in proportion, too many curves to be boyish but not curvy enough to be hourglass)

Rachel Bilson, Eva Longoria, Megan Prescott, Kathryn Prescott, Lacey Turner, Dannii Minoque, Elisha Cuthbert, Mila Kunis, Anna Friel, Alyssa Milano.

AVERAGE-HEIGHT HOURGLASS WOMEN (between & including 5'4 and 5'6, hips and breasts same width, dramatically narrowing at the waist, pronounced curves)

Eva Mendes, Keeley Hazell, Megan Fox, Billie Piper, Nicole Scherzinger, Angelina Jolie, Marion Cotillard, Dita von Teese.

AVERAGE HEIGHT PEAR-SHAPED WOMEN (between & including 5'4 and 5'6, hips and bum much wider than waist and breasts)

Elizabeth Banks, Jennifer Metcalfe, Kimberley Walsh, Charlotte Church, Lindsay Lohan, Lauren Conrad, Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus.

AVERAGE HEIGHT BOYISH WOMEN (between & including 5'4 and 5'6, straight up-and-down figure)

Olivia Palermo, Kaya Scodelario, Emma Watson, Kristin Kreuk, Jessica Alba, Kristen Stewart, Freida Pinto, Jennifer Aniston, Rachel McAdams, Victoria Beckham, Sarah Jessica Parker, Dianna Agron, Nicola Roberts.

AVERAGE HEIGHT AVERAGE WOMEN (okay so I've made up the 'average' body type) (between & including 5'4 and 5'6, figure in proportion, too many curves to be boyish but not curvy enough to be hourglass)

Leighton Meester, Vanessa Hudgens, Lily Loveless, Nadine Coyle, Summer Glau, Eliza Dushku, Ashley Greene, Britney Spears, Kara Tointon, Penelope Cruz, Lea Michele.

TALL HOURGLASS WOMEN (5'7 and over, hips and breasts same width, dramatically narrowing at the waist, pronounced curves)

Beyonce Knowles, Katy Perry, Pixie Lott, Gemma Arterton, Rochelle Wiseman, Adriana Lima, Kelly Brook, Christina Hendricks, Holly Willoughby.

TALL PEAR-SHAPED WOMEN (5'7 and over, hips and bum much wider than waist and breasts)

Rihanna, Alessandra Ambrosio, Una Healy, Michelle Obama.

TALL BOYISH WOMEN (5'7 and over, straight up-and-down figure)

Sarah Harding, Jessica Stroup, Kate Moss, Alexa Chung, Taylor Swift, Paris Hilton, Kate Beckinsale, Zoe Saldana, Olivia Wilde, Gisele Bundchen, Charlize Theron, Ana Ivanovic, Keira Knightley, Evangeline Lilly, Fearne Cotton, Chloe Sevigny, Taylor Momsen, Cameron Diaz, Gwen Stefani.

TALL AVERAGE WOMEN (okay so I've made up the 'average' body type) (5'7 and over, figure in proportion, too many curves to be boyish but not curvy enough to be hourglass)

Whitney Port, Blake Lively, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Amber Heard, Audrina Patridge, Olga Kurylenko, Doutzen Kroes, Florence Welch.

I would have posted images but my laptop's being weird, sorry about that. Google imae any one of these ladies accompanied with the word 'style' and you'll find lots of inpsiration.

1 comment: