Tuesday 30 March 2010

The Perfect and the Flawed.

It has become a strong view of mine that need to stop worrying about their flaws and just be proud of who they are.

I know this sounds embarrassingly cliched, but it's true. Who would you be if you were perfect?

I know a girl, who is the closest to perfect anyone can possibly be. She's pretty, kind, friendly, well-adjusted, smart, organised, talented, grounded, kind, polite and helpful. She is also the most boring person I have ever met. I don't mean to be mean, I feel kind of awful writing this. She's a lovely girl, she really is. But there's just nothing of interest about her.

Flaws are what make people interesting. I suspect maybe I have a soft spot for extremely flawed people more than others do, perhaps because I am very flawed myself, but I think they are interesting to everyone.

The smart, talented girl who is also insecure, manipulative and bitchy? I love her.
The strong, beautiful girl who is also unstable, distant and heartless? I love her too.
The fun, charismatic guy who is also self-destructive and violent? I adore him as well.

The thing is, it is our flaws that make us real, interesting. We are nothing without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment